A repository of parrot-human relationships. The beautiful and the ugly. The joys and the pain. The heart-warming and the heart-wrenching. And then some Buddhist content once in a long while.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Flock Journal No. 2

Sunny's Tragic Death*
(*Disclaimer: Contain grisly photos. Not for the squeamish)

It was another day. I left for school.
My sis put Sunny back into his cage and tied strings on each cage door (because he has learned to open the cage door).

Baby's back into her cage. All's well. Never did I know of the horror that is to come.

Somehow, Sunny managed to escape from his cage despite the strings my sister use to tie the cage doors.

Somehow, sunny managed to wander into my bird room to look for Tara.

Somehow, Sunny must have flew onto Baby's cage top.

Somehow, Baby the macaw must have been noticed Sunny.

Somehow, Baby is in one of her most rough and playful mood.

Because this is what my sister found when she came back, to our extreme horror:


(Due to feedback by friends that some may find the display of such photos disagreeable, I have hyperlinked the photos instead.
May you look at death in its face and see it with wisdom, dignity and peace.)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/Kalden/Sunny0001_9.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/Kalden/Sunny0001_10.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/Kalden/Sunny0001_8.jpg



Post motem...death by serious injury to the head. We believe Baby must have reached through the cage bar and grab Sunny's head.

The power of baby's beak must have cracked Sunny's skull. Never ever underestimate the power of a macaw's beak.

I am so very heart broken now. Both are my beloved birds.

I can't bring myself to fault Baby because to her, a small bird is just another toy. Just as I wouldn't fault a little girl for strangling a cute canary because she held it too tighly.

I can't bring myself to fault my sister because she even made sure the cage doors of Sunny's cage are tied with rope. Yet Sunny has somehow managed to escape.

Who else can I fault than myself?

I feel so sad now over Sunny's death and Baby's violent deed.

I don't think I have the mental strength or courage to buy another bird anymore ....

Sunny, I'm so sorry for what happened to you!!

So very very sorry....:'(

The only thing we can do for you now is...PRAY.

Buddha bless you!

Om Mani Padme Hum!

Tayata Om Bekandze Bekandze Maha Bekandze Radze Samud Gate Soha!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gabriel,

Deepest condolence.. I am sure Sunny is playing with his friends in the netherland.

Take care. Don't be sad.